Thursday 7 April 2011

Dog wedding costs owner £20,000

Now don’t get me wrong. Anyone who knows me knows i adore my 2 dogs but….this lady in my eyes has lost the plot! But of course thats only my opinion, you may think differently

 

dog-wedding_1866584c

   Louise Harris (right) carrying Lola and Bev Nicholson carrying Mugly during the ceremony in Bradwell-on-Sea

THEY say op-paw-sites attract... so when pampered pooch Lola met ugly mutt Mugly, it was a match made in doggy heaven.

Lola’s owner, Louise Harris, was determined to give her little princess the wedding day of her dreams. And the barking-mad pet lover forked out an astonishing £20,000 on a deluxe ceremony attended by 80 guests.

Yorkshire terrier Lola wore a £1,000 designer wedding dress and Mugly raised the woof by wearing a tuxedo and top hat.

Louise, who thinks she has spent at least £100,000 on her three dogs in the past six years, says: “The day was perfect from start to finish and Lola loved being the centre of attention. My dogs are my pride and joy so nothing is too good for them. I enjoy spoiling them. It makes me happy.

“Lola has transformed my life and makes me so much happier, so this was my way of thanking her.”

Louise – who owns a dog boutique – ran an online competition last year to find a husband for six-year-old Lola and received hundreds of entries. To her surprise Lola’s favourite was Mugly, a hairless Chinese crested who holds the title of the UK’s ugliest dog and is owned by mum-of-four Bev Nicholson, 47, of Peterborough, Cambs.

Louise, 32, says: “I didn’t think Lola would like him. She is a diva and loves her clothes and jewellery so I thought she’d go for a dog more like her.

“But they had a lot of fun so I thought Mugly was the perfect future husband.” Louise took three months to organise the wedding, which was staged in a marquee in the grounds of a mansion in Bradwell-on-Sea, Essex.

And the dog lover, from nearby Chelmsford, spent £1,350 on jewellery for the big day, £1,000 on a dog creche and £400 on security.

She owns two other Yorkshire terriers – Lulu, who was a bridesmaid, and Larry, who was a page boy.

Louise’s spending on them has included £26,000 on clothes, collars and harnesses, £14,500 on massages, £2,500 on hair accessories and more than £6,000 on beds which have the dogs’ initials in gold leaf.

After Lola and Mugly were pronounced mutt and wife, the human guests were treated to a luxury buffet and a 6ft chocolate fountain.

Louise says: “Lola looked so beautiful – like a little glitter ball. Mugly looked fantastic and he was the perfect groom. It was an emotional day.”

1 comment:

  1. OK! I worship the ground my dogs walk on, but that is just plain crazy!!

    ReplyDelete