Saturday 3 April 2010

Why is it all chocolate at Easter?

I’ve been reading a few blogs today and notice they all mention chocolate. easter egg 1

I remember as a child getting lots of Easter 030601.1FEggs, my favourite one been a cardboard one with a tiny furry chick inside. I played for hours with the little creature.

chick

I loved to receive a chocolate egg in a mug so that once i’d eaten the egg i still had something to show for it.

Nowadays i’d much sooner have something savoury instead of chocolate. I don’t suppose a sausage roll will ever catch on as the gift to give as Easter

Sausage Roll

Shame really

emu

4 comments:

  1. Know what you mean about having something to keep after the egg has done its disappearing trick!

    I also like savoury stuff to eat especially when I went to the pictures. Remember many years ago going to see State Fair with my Mam & Dad and we took pasties. When I went to see Roy Orbison and The Beatles I took a pound of Golden Delicious apples. Friends thought I was weird!

    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, i don't think sausage rolls will ever become an Easter treat.

    thanks for the self portrait, you have changed a bit since I last saw your picture. Perhaps you should ask for a new razor for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose that most people see chocolate as a treat, but we are all different. Enjoy your sausage roll. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolate has always been the easiest to think of i guess and they are available at every corner, Happy Easter to you Tracey.

    ReplyDelete