Sunday 25 January 2009

Newcastle upon Tyne & Gateshead




Well I went to the hairdressers yesterday and had all the dead ends chopped off, it looks a lot better now there’s no frizz at the ends. Also the colour seems to be lighter now, Maxine, my hairdresser, said that it will come lighter after each wash and its fine for me to put a brighter toner on if I want to and my hair won’t go green or fall out. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy.
So next week I could well be a different colour, photo’s will be available haha.


Today we took the dogs for a walk along Newcastle/Gateshead Quayside.
It’s a really nice walk along the River Tyne. On a Sunday there’s a small craft market which I love looking round. There’s homemade jewellery, hand painted pictures, handmade bags & purses and plenty of other goodies too.
I’ve taken a few photographs of our walk. We were originally going there to watch The Rubber Duck Race but unfortunately it had been cancelled. Shame really as I was looking forward to this bizarre event.

We also stopped off at the sacred football ground of Newcastle United







I loved this really old cathedral in the background




One of the many bridges that go over the River Tyne.. This is the railway bridge



The railway bridge again with in the background New Castle, where Newcastle got its name from. It was built in the 1100's
The red bridge is the swing bridge and is on the original site of the old Roman bridge.






New Castle





This is the Tyne Bridge







The view from Gateshead looking over the river to Newcastle upon Tyne




The old Baltic flour mill which is now an art gallery










The Malmaison Hotel. this is where the rich and famous stay when visiting the city







The Baltic from Newcastle side of the river








The Millenium Bridge



Taken from Newcastle side of the river







The Sage is in Gateshead. Its a music venue for all kinds of music





The Tyne Bridge






I really hope i haven't bored people with these photographs but i think that Newcastle upon Tyne is such a wonderful place, i wanted to share it with you














1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the great tour! I hope so much that I can get to these place one day. In the meantime your pictures are fun to see!

    ReplyDelete