Thursday 11 December 2008

My Genealogical find

As i mentioned in my profile, i'm into researching my family tree.
I'm on the social networking website, Facebook, and decided to type my surname into their search engine to see if many more people had my name.
To cut a long story short i contacted a cousin 5 times removed ... this always makes me giggle, but its what it tells me on my relationship calculator which i use on my family tree programme.
Paul lives in Australia.

Today i had a reply off Don who has filled in some gaps i had in my tree and have discovered that he is my 3rd cousin and lives in Canada. This is so exciting as i never even knew his grand-parents had children and now i'm learning that they did and i have cousins yerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

1 comment:

  1. amazing - my Dad is a genealogist - we are sending him to salt Lake City as his 70th birthday present, so he can do lots of research.

    what web sites do you use?
    x

    ReplyDelete