Tuesday 13 November 2012

I’m Doing a Tandem Skydive!

 

skydive pic

 

Yep, you read the title correct. I Tracey Ford am going to throw myself from an aeroplane, with a man attached to my back and all to help the charity Target Ovarian Cancer

I was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer in 2006 and Endometrial Cancer in 2007. My treatment involved a total hysterectomy, lots of chemotherapy and 20 hours of radiotherapy.

It was a HORRIBLE experience - apart from being chopped open and nuked, the psychological effects can be enormously difficult to deal with - I lost my hair and my self confidence. Target Ovarian Cancer helped me deal with all of this and they have helped me deal with ongoing effects of both the cancer and it's treatment. So they are very close to my heart. Happily, in 2012 I was given the fantastic news that I am CANCER FREE!!

If you’d like to sponsor me that would be great, no amount is too small.

Thanks ever so much xxx

Here is my Just Giving Page

signature_3

1 comment:

  1. There are many things on my Bucket List but this is NOT one of them! You are very brave! :-)

    ReplyDelete