Saturday 24 April 2010

Thank You

A big thank you to all of you for the comments on my last post.

Tuesday i was in a bit of a turmoil but only a bit.. Today i’m fine. I’m not thinking of Cancer, i don’t “do” cancer. I’ve been busy all week and my mind is in good places.

Hopefully, if i can get it sorted, i might be able to start researching my family tree again after a short stoppage due to my old laptop dying on me.

I’ve had my hard drive from my dead laptop put onto a external hard drive enclosure which means i can plug it into my new laptop and try to find all the 20+years of data from my family tree. problem been. the actual programme i use is from 2005 and as yet i’ve not discovered if it’ll work with a special patch on my Windows7 operating system.

I have a very nice man  helping me so hopefully i’ll be able to pick up where i left off.

fingers crossed

fingers crossed

I almost forgot to mention too that on Wednesday i received a letter from Target Ovarian Cancer asking if i would go along to a meeting in June and talk about my experiences with Ovarian Cancer. Unfortunately i am away on the date specified so emailed the Dr who had wrote to me explaining this.

Yesterday i received an email from her  saying how sorry she was that i wouldn’t be able to make it but they are currently compiling their newsletter and wondered if it would be ok to feature me as i’ve been in both the local and national papers raising awareness of Ovarian Cancer. Of course i said YES.

4 comments:

  1. nice one!! so glad you're feeling better :o)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read your last post. My mom calls it the waiting game and wrestles with it a bit too. If your doctor's not worried, don't you worry...that's why she gets paid the big bucks!

    Everyone's CA 125 fluctuates, as has been explained to me by Baylor Medical.

    Please know that you also have the support of 2 old gals (my mom and I, as I've told her about you and l'optimiste) way out here in Texas!

    You are well, you are healed, and you are awesome! Thanks for all the work you do promoting Ovarian Cancer awareness and for touching our lives!

    Praying for and thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeay!!!! Go Trace!! :-D xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tracey, Found you on BlogFrog and I'm now following you on Twitter. I'm not a stalker don't worry! lol

    Just to let you know that I've just clicked on your Twitter logo here and went through to someone else's account. Your Twitter page is working fine on BlogFrog but I think it might need amending on here. :)

    ReplyDelete